All ARCIA members actively involved in the Australian radio communications industry are entitled to nominate and be nominated, provided that the Award criteria is satisfied. Members are invited to nominate via various channels such as LinkedIn, member updates and email notifications.
The Industry Gala Dinner is held annually and is an exceptional opportunity to:
Network – Provide an opportunity for radio industry professionals from across Australia to socialise and network in a non-competitive environment.
Recognise – Publicly recognise industry excellence through awards such as the coveted Jonathan Livingston Award, which recognises lifetime achievement within the Australian radio communications industry.
Promote – Promote the initiatives and work of the Australian radio communication industry including industry professionals and small to large businesses.
Develop – Build and develop relations between communication authorities, industry companies and professionals in an relaxed environment.
Support – Fund the ongoing work and development of the Australian Radio Communications Industry Association.
Celebrate – Enjoy an evening with important clients, partners or guests to celebrate and share first hand the vibrancy of a flourishing industry.
Award Nomination and Criteria
Each year, the annual Industry Gala Dinner publicly recognises excellence through the Industry Excellence awards. All ARCIA members actively involved in the Australian radio communications industry are entitled to nominate and be nominated, provided that the Award criteria is satisfied. Nominations open on the ARCIA website in August each year and members are invited to nominate via various channels such as LinkedIn, member updates and email notifications.
Determination of the award is based on specific criteria for each award, which incorporates the following:
Commitment – Provides a superior and sustained contribution to the promotion and growth of the Australia radio communications industry
Leadership – Demonstrates leadership excellence, encouraging ongoing improvement, learning and knowledge sharing in the workplace.
Innovation – Exhibits innovation or creativity, promoting operational resourcefulness and performance improvement.
Team work – Exemplifies excellence and integrity in workplace relationships and contributes to a respectful and collaborative work environment.
Service – Continually contributes to the maintainance and growth of customer relationships, ensuring individual and business practices encourage long-term customer relationships, repeat business and customer satisfaction.
There are 8 Award Categories:
- Apprentice Trainee Award – Open to all apprentices/trainees
- Professional Sales Award – Open to all sales professionals
- Customer Service Award – Open to all front counter, customer service, administration and receptionist staff
- Technical Excellence Award – Open to all ARCIA technicians and technical staff involved in all facets of repair and installation of mobiles, portables and systems
- Engineering Elegance Award – Open to all ARCIA design, project and systems engineers
- New Talent Award – Open to all new staff
- Community Service Award – Open to all industry professionals who contribute significantly to a community function or organisation.
- Peter Wallace Award – Open to any member of the industry that is known to put others before themselves, spread goodwill in the industry, or working to improve the image of the industry as a whole.